RESIDENCE: Toronto, Canada
TELEPHONE: +1 613 408 6997
Delay analysis is a long and most frequently debated disciplines provided by expert witnesses
MCIArb, BSc Engg, MSc, LLM (Const. Law & Arb.)
A Senior Manager with widespread international experience of 20+ years in Project Management, Dispute Resolution, Contracts / Commercial Administration, Construction Claims, Project Controls, Construction Law, and Forensic Delay Analysis on large-scale construction projects. Vastly experienced in Building Collaborations & Synergies between functions in multi-cultural environments. Strong Leadership, Management and Communication skills with robust negotiation ability.
Currently working as a Claims Consultant and heading Commercial / Project Controls teams, Waqar has gained valuable experience on several large-scale iconic projects in various capacities, a few key projects include Eglinton Crosstown LRT (Toronto), Burj Khalifa, JBR, Lusail Stadium, Abu Dhabi WTC, Ferrari World, Bahrain City Centre, Data Centres, Utility Complexes, Sub-Stations, Oil & Gas installations, Piping Systems, Steel Plant expansion etc.
Being an indispensable member of the Contractor’s Management Team, Waqar is an expert in Project Estimation and Tendering, Procurement, Design, Construction / Execution, and Project Closure.
He has a working knowledge of Construction Law, Standard Form Contracts (FIDIC, NEC, JCT etc), P3(AFP) Contracts and is skilled in preparing and negotiating Construction Claims; Quantum, EoT, Disruption, and Prolongation Claims.
Waqar has led several construction disputes of complex nature via Mediation, Arbitration and Litigation in various jurisdictions.
Area of Expertise
Forensic Delay Analysis
Mediation / Arbitration / Litigation
AFP & Non-AFP Contracts
Earned Value Management
Engineering & Design
Standard Form Contracts
- LLM Construction Law & Arbitration (Robert Gordon University), Aberdeen, UK
- Master of Science (MSc) in Strategic Project Management Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University, India Certified Primavera P6 User
- Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project (US$ 5 Billion)
- Burj Khalifa – World’s Tallest Building (US$ 350 Million)
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (US$ 550 Million)
- Lusail Multipurpose Hall – Indoor Sports Facility (US$ 150 Million)
- Msherieb Downtown Phase 1B – Residential Development (US$ 200 Million)
- Gasco Power Substations – Power Distribution (US$ 200 Million)
- Worker’s Hospital (US$ 100 Million)
- Hilton Hotel & Residence (US$ 110 Million)
- Data Centers – Tier 3 (US$ 250 Million)
- District Cooling Plants (US$ 200 Million)
- Abu Dhabi WTC, Two High-Rise mixed-use buildings (US$ 175 Million)
- Jumeirah Beach Residence – Sector 4, 8 High-Rise buildings (US$ 100 Million)
- Barwa Commercial Avenue 3, Commercial Complex, Doha, Qatar (US$ 65 Million)
- KAFD 4.10 & 4.11, King Abdullah Financial District, Riyadh, KSA (US$ 75 Million)
- Ferrari Theme Park, Bahrain City Center, Yas Water Park, Yas Marina Circuit & several District Cooling Plants & Utility Complexes.
|SEP 2020 – Present||Claims Consultant, Jacobs, Canada|
|APR 2014 – AUG 2020||Head of Project Controls, Director Contracts & Claims, ETA Engineering, UAE|
|FEB 2011 – MAR 2014||Project Manager, Senior Project Controls Manager, Voltas Limited, UAE|
|JUN 2008 – JAN 2011||Senior Project Manager, Sterling & Wilson, UAE|
|APR 2002 – DEC 2004||Senior Engineer, Project Control Engineer, DSD Dillinger Stahlbau GmbH, UAE|
|OCT 2000 – MAR 2002||Estimation & Coordination Engineer, NGP Industries Ltd, India|